About Me

My photo
Follower of God | Daughter | Sister | Friend | Musician | Psychology grad | Registered Nurse | Medical Student | ECHELON | DREAMER

Saturday, November 30, 2013

TALES BEYOND THE CUP

PASSION:
I've always enjoyed writing. It's the perfect outlet for me to let all these feelings out and to indulge my obsessive-compulsive side without being too obvious (because I re-read my stuff and edit them long after I've posted them). These past few years, I've blogged a lot less than before. Reasons? Well, there's the lack of time (med school... Always blaming it on med school... Sorry...) Then the lack of inspiration (As I've said before, my heart needs to be broken before I can write something of substance.). Once in a while, I give myself a chance to write again even if I feel like the content's a bit BLAH for me. As long as I can keep writing, I'm good.

PUSH:
The other night, a batchmate and I were getting to know each other. She was telling me about my brother and his artistic gift. My brother can draw... He does it REALLY well. She asked me if I, too, can draw. I laughed and said that it was the gift that I wasn't blessed with. Then she pointed out that WRITING was my gift. I humbly and modestly agreed that it, maybe, was my gift. She also implied that she got to read one of my blog entries and gave me an unexpected feedback. "Wow!" she said. I've never had someone tell me something about what I've written before. I was flattered... REALLY... Then this next statement... "Maybe you should start a blog site." I already have a blog site but I think I knew what she meant. She meant something like the ones that people often visit to get advice for something, read reviews of some techie gadget thing, or learn more about life by getting immersed into the stories of others. The problem is... Like I've said before... LACK OF INSPIRATION... People like to read about life... But I don't think they would want to read something with heartaches and failures all the time... It's hard to admit but... My life is pretty boring without the broken heart...

INSPIRATION:
Then... Last night happened... I realized that I've already posted a couple of moments that I've had with the baristas of Starbucks FEU-NRMF... I must say, those moments really made my day. And those moments gave me that spark to start a flame...

TALES BEYOND THE CUP:
It's a blog that I started just last night... Well, I started it today, a few minutes past 12 midnight. Since I became a regular at the Starbucks FEU-NRMF store and became friends with some of the baristas, I became fascinated with their work. At one point, I even asked myself, "Why didn't I think of becoming a barista before?" Honestly, I am interested. Maybe because they make their job look so much fun. Plus, the interaction with the people... I guess that's the best part. It's amazing how they could keep their energy up for 8 to 9 hours a day. Sometimes I wish I could stay at a store and just watch them work a whole shift. 


"Tales Beyond The Cup" is dedicated to:
1. The baristas who became and will become my friends. Big things come in small packages, sometimes. Though I don't get to chat with you longer than the usual counter conversation, I thank you for for the small talks. Those became my inspiration to start something to further feed my passion for writing.

2. DK... I guess that conversation really started something in me. It didn't take long for me to find the missing pieces because you pushed me to search hard and search deep. Though we just recently became officially acquainted, I want to thank you for giving me that push... I really needed that.



http://talesbeyondthecup.blogspot.com


2 comments:

  1. wow,! ate aix,idol!!! ang galing mo talaga!! hahahaha.. na-touch ako!! hahahahaha.. 1st time may nagsulat ng something about sa kin!!! hahahahaha T_T

    welcome! thankyou din, di ko akalain na ma-pupush ka talaga sa mga nasabi ko.. T_T thankyou ulit! ipagpatuloy mo lang po yan! kahit busy ka sa med school, yan yung parang magiging stress reliever mo.. comfort zone din.. :D

    ReplyDelete